Hello, December! You truly are the most wonderful time of the year. The music, coziness, decorations, parties and general holiday cheer. I swore up and down after wrapping presents on Christmas Eve last year that I would have my gifts purchased and wrapped by December 15th so I could really enjoy that last week and a half before Christmas – that would be a dream, AND probably always will be. I am pretty sure I can have them in the house or at least in route, but having them wrapped 10 days in advance just isn’t likely.
However, this year I have been bookmarking things along the way to make the gifting process easier – namely, gift wrapping and shopping for guys. First was a post from our girl, Steph from Modern Parents Messy Kids at Sulia with this picture. Yes, these are Trader Joe’s holiday bags used as wrapping paper – cute and FREE. They will be getting more of my business this month for sure. Thanks TJ’s!
Next up are the dudes in my life. Why are men so difficult to shop for? I have known my husband for 15 years, but when people ask what I am buying him this year – cue the crickets. I think of gift giving as buying things that aren’t necessarily needed, but rather a treat. And its kind of rare that my husband talks about treating himself… Then there is the unfortunate, “What about an old fashion shave?! That sounds so nice.” And without hesitation he replies, “I kind of like shaving my own face.” Dang. Lesson learned, don’t ask.
So let’s get to the goods! Here is our PN approved Dude List:
1. The Omnivore’s Dilemma. For a guy who likes facts and needs them as he joins you on your PN journey – this is a great starting point.
2. Protein powder.
3. Massage oil. Does anyone else get asked for a back rub on a regular basis? Organic, not too girly smelling and a great stocking stuffer. Got a guy who really likes a good massage? Check out RumbleRoller.
4. Yard dice. These are FUN, unexpected and sure to be used often – a great dude gift! Plus, who doesn’t love a yard game?
5. Baseball hat. I swear you can never go wrong with a baseball hat.
6. Tickets to a concert. What is better than making a fun date night out of a gift?! Another great stocking stuffer.
7. Last but certainly not least, the remedy for the eye roll when he asks to use some of my chapstick and gets handed lip gloss – this stuff (I may or may not steal it and blame it on our children every once in a while).