Drink a green smoothie. Okay, we know, green smoothies are allllll the rage. Like maybe even you’re sick of us talking about them…but hear us out. The reason we’re so into them is because they are fabulous. I’m going to bullet out why:
- They sneak in a full (sometimes 2) serving of dark leafy greens (mother nature’s secret weapon) that you’d probably not have in the morning…or maybe even at lunch…or maybe even dinner…
- They are packed with vitamins and minerals. Literally I’m serious. It’s like all that’s in there.
- They give your digestion system a break. I often hear people say “sometimes I feel like I’m not absorbing the healthy food I eat.” The truth is that sometimes we don’t, depending on our bodies. Green smoothies couldn’t be easier for your body to absorb.
- There are one million recipes*, which is cool (*number not exact)
- When it comes to antioxidants there’s no easier way to get maximum amounts. And the whole point of this post? Antioxidants = glow, anti-aging, dewey skin, shiny hair…the list goes on.
So do yourself a favor and get on the green smoothie bandwagon. A new favorite book that gives me tons of inspiration?
My current go-to recipe?
- Tons of spinach. Fill that blender up.
- 1/4 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 3-4 brazil nuts
- 1 small orange, peeled
- 1 handful strawberries
- 1 tablespoon cocoa nibs
- 1 teaspoon maca
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
I just put it all in a blender, maybe top with some goji berries (I’m wild like that), and get my day started.
Et voilá. Ready to glow.