(This post is written for and originates over at Practically Perfect)
When Joni & Kitt invited us over (literally and figuratively) to Practically Perfect for some Prescribe Nutrition words on what we keep in our pantry at all times, we jumped at the chance.These ladies love organizing pantries. Every time they get their hands on a new pantry space, they have the opportunity to check out new and interesting food goodies. Since this is a topic that’s of such interest to them, they reached out to us to see if we’d share our pantry go-to’s, and we of course, said yes.
Here’s the deal: having an inventory list of some healthy staples is instrumental to keeping our goals in tact and our bodies fueled. So just like that, we have a list for you of what and why we keep these goods up to par (inventory term, ya know) in our homes. Call them random, call them quirky, we’ll take it. Let’s do this!
(Items are listed in no particular order)
- Almond Milk (in the carton): We always need to have this on hand to throw some in coffee, make overnight oats or smoothies. It’s necessary!
- Nut Butter: Maybe it’s an addiction, but we don’t care. We love having nut butter on hand to enjoy with apples and sliced veggies, pop into a smoothie or, heck, just a quick spoonful for energy. Quick, easy, filling snack = done.
- Raw Walnuts, Almonds, Dried Mulberries, Cacao Nibs: We take all of these five and make our own trail mix – we have it almost every day!
- Ghee: Amazing for cooking and hey even with coffee. Who knew?
- Tuna: Never will we have a cupboard without chunk white tuna. Easy (and may we say cheap) protein source.
- Olive Oil Mayo: This follows the tuna tip pretty darn smooth, as whipping up a tuna salad is everything when it comes to making lunch happen in a pinch.
- Olives: Always have a jar of these on hand. Another fast and easy way to get healthy fats.
- Braggs ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar): Where, oh where, do we start? You can drink it, use it as hair rinse, and add it to a hot bath!
- Coconut Oil: Use for skillet cooking, baking, mix with essential oils and put on as lotion.
- Sardines: These little sneakers contain a little bit of almost every nutrient that the body needs. They are close to being perfect, from a nutritional standpoint. Whoa, huh?